Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day Twenty-Five: Ground Turkey Sweet Potatoe Curry

Sorry I've been M.I.A. lately, I really underestimated how much time I'd have when life picked back up!
So, an update about the fallout from my boxing adventures: HOLY COW was I sore! The legs, the triceps, but mostly all the tiny muscles in my back that I had no idea I possessed have been SCREAMING at me since wednesday night! Its Sunday and I still feel a little achy!
Getting out of bed Thursday was not fun , namely because moving was paaaaaaaaainful. Gotta love excersize! Its kind of good though, because that one hour of class had some reprecussions, which means that with a little effort, I can get some kind of results. Its a twisted form of motivation though!
So, I have been cooking lately, and I found a few more recipes that I tried out with success.

First up was a Ground Turkey Sweet Potatoe Curry that I found on the Livestrong website. This was great because I got to use my tumeric again, which means I've now found two delicious dishes that it is an integral part of!
The main ingredients consist of Lean Ground Turkey, onion, sweet potatoe and canned tomatoes. Spice-wise I added tumeric, chili flakes, garlic, black pepper, curry powder, cumin, and some ginger.

Browning the turkey in a pan large enough for the whole concoction, I added in my onion and garlic, letting them get soft and cooked up. Then the rest of the flavors went into the dish, along with about a half cup of water, before I added in my diced yam. Then, cover the whole dish with a lid and allow the sweet potatoe to soften. If you don't have a big enough lid, just use some tinfoil, it worked just as well for me!

Garnish with chives and serve it up in a big bowl. You're going to want to make lots, because this dish is really great and reheats perfectly!
Great Indian dish all ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment