Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

Day Nine: Pretty Boring and Bunny Rabbits

So today was the first of my four day stint manning the booth for my bar at the Chambly beer festival just off the island of Montreal. It was a gorgeous, busy day, and I wolfed down my portions of leftover Shepherd's Pie as well as some carrots and celery. Ate a few sporadic pears here and there, and then called it an early night with some almond butter as dessert.

I did however find two amazing things:
1) Gluten-free beer! Now this was made with all natural ingredients, and although there was rice in it, I couldn't resist having a glass. So good!
aaaaand
2) My first ever taste of rabbit! This was maple syrup and pepper glazed and fell right off the bone. Just amazing. This will be on my list of things to make when the work schedual slows down!

I now fully appreciate the fact that I made so much more of everything than I could actually consume in one seating! Leftovers are a lifesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment