Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Day Nineteen: Hearty Bison Chili

With a helluva work day coming up tomorrow (3 hours of class, followed by 8 hours of work, followed by a night out with the girls), I knew I needed to make something especially filling and easy that I could transport for easy eating!
In comes chili!
With some thawed lean ground bison, and half a can of chickpeas I simply tossed together a big ol' pot of delicious spicy goodness.
In a big pot get the ground meat going (you can use virtually anything, but I do like the taste of bison!), and add in whatever vegetables you can spare! I went with an onion, yellow pepper, zucchini, cabbage, and diced canned tomatoes (no salt added). Then I added garlic, 1/2 cup of chicken stock, 1 cup of water and a plethora of spices. Ginger, cumin, curry powder, chili flakes, black pepper, paprika and oregano were the main players, with a bay leaf thrown in for a little extra something!

Let it reduce, let the veggies get tender, and then enjoy! I put some fresh basil up on top for an interesting mouthful and a pretty picture:

Easy, quick, and utterly painless!

No comments:

Post a Comment