Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Day Twelve: Tacos, Arrrrrriba!

So the good news: I have made enough for some quality groceries this week. The bad news: I need to get them done ASAP, as my supply of healthy Paleo leftovers and snack ingredients is dwindling rapidly, and those chips my roommate brought home are looking better and better. EEP!

Taco filling in the pan.
Today I took basically the same filling used in my Stuffed Peppers from yesterday and added a few more veggies (effectively wiping out my crisper drawer). Stacking my filling into a lettuce leaf, which I let simmer on low heat in some tomatoe juice for about half an hour so as to really get the juicy factor, I ruminated on just how awesome leafy greens are as a substitute for buns. Seriously though, the crunch is still there, only you don't find all the flavours of the sandwich/burger/etc get lost amongst all that white, useless bread. With some avocado thrown in for good measure, I had a few wonderful tacos for dinner!


1 comment:

  1. Kylie,

    Your blog is fun and interesting and its great to hear your experiences. One thing I'd like to hear is how you are doing physically. Have you noticed a change in energy, loss of weight, improvement in skin tone etc

    Forgive me if you have already done this but point me in the right direction and I'll read it.

    Good luck with the rest of your 30 day challenge

    regards

    Andrew
    N Ireland

    ReplyDelete