Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Day Two: Smoothies and Cabbage Rolls

Hello Again! Today I decided due to the crappy weather that I would prepare some delicious Paleo meals, with lots of leftovers so I'll be eating healthy in the coming week when I'm running around with work and school!

Super yummy, Super fruits!
Breakfast started with a hunk of that leftover salmon and a mini cucumber (aren't smaller things more fun??) before I headed to the grocery store to stock up on ingredients!
Getting back I made a really great smoothie out of frozen strawberries, bananas and a nectarine to tide me over until my masterpiece was finished:

Mmmm, now I know there was no protein in there, but it was really delicious and full of good vitamins!

Then I started on these Rice-Less Cabbage Rolls, which I have been dying to try out since my friend began going on and on about the deliciousness of this Cruciferae! I combined tomatoes, oregano, paprika, pepper, red onion, cumin, red pepper flakes with an uncased chorizo sausage (gluten free of course!) and ground turkey while the cabbage started to steam and get a little soft:

Once it was all ready I began the rolling process, which was really a lot easier than I thought it would be! Just put the mixture at the base of the leaf and roll it like a tortilla!
Beginning the rolling process
All nestled in and ready for the oven!
Then I placed them in a dish and covered them with a bit more of the tomatoes (President's choice "no salt added" diced variety), & covered them with some foil before popping them in the oven (350) for 60 min

These were just as good if not better (certainly better for you) than the traditional rice ones! And plenty leftover for those tight jams when I'm just gonna need a quick protein fix! (confession: I ate two straight out of the oven!)

Dinner was the rest of the salmon with a few leafy greens and tomatoes on the side with sesame seeds, and balsamic & oil dressing! Plain and simple for while I'm on shift at work!
I have to say though, I am really looking forward to breakfast tomorrow to see how these cabbage rolls tast cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment