Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day Seven: Paleo Beverages and Inside-Out Wraps

I woke up this morning still feeling full of sushi... mmmm!
Along with my egg muffin, I felt myself wishing I had some kind of juice to go with breakfast. Then, I spotted my collection of teas in the pantry: why not combine my organic Countess of Seville tea (a really delicious orange inspired green tea from Davids Tea), with a little lemon juice, and some ice? My own, paleo-friendly juice! After boiling water and using my handy tea infuser ball, I left it to sit and cool for an hour. Then, I transfered it to a pitcher with ice, the juice of a whole lemon and voila! Really tasty and refreshing!
Lettuce, Babaganouj and Mustard in Ham

For lunch, I grabbed my nitrate and preservative free blackforest ham from the package (president's choice baby!), and some sassy baby greens, including rockette, spinach and arugula. I assembled the lettuce, some babaganouj, and some brown mustard inside the cold cut, and rolled it as if it were a wrap (or in light of yesterday... a sushi roll!). These were really light and crunchy due to the filler, and I barely felt like I was missing out on a bread component at all!
Rolled up and ready for eating!
As dinner, I went simple as I was pressed for time. Two hard boiled eggs, some cherry tomatoes, red onion and sliced red peppers tossed with the same baby greens used in my inside-out wraps made for a great, filling meal to get me through the night at work in the bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment